Sectional Perspective of a twisted tower made of variable components sharing similar characteristics
view the large version here
A brilliant talk on hyperbolic surfaces. It pertains to the issue of fabrication too.
Straight lines on a hyperbolic surface and Embellishments to create more complexity pertains to a rationalised designer thinking with sophistication.
Overall tower shape, structure to respond to site context, program.
- Floor-to-ceiling height.
- Diagonal spacing between floors to maximise light penetration and ventilation.
- Edge definition for various requirements of program.
//spiraling tubular structure presents . . .
- A Fushion of spatial and architectural expression.
- An Expression composed by series of tube structure which are all customized according to its functional need and demand.
- Scale- proportion of x,y,z axis
- Continuity- structural & functional
- A simplified model showing the scale, overall form and vertical relationship of programmatic surfaces
- An exploration of a continuous surface skeletal structure
15parts made of 3 layers that are made of 5 components each twisted at 15 degrees.
Each layer is a rotated form of the one below, maintaining the same joint connection and distance between each model. A larger angle of twist can be achieved by adding more layers.